mzalisakay

What The Smut

I read. Like, a lot.

Beneath This Man (This Man, #2)

Beneath This Man (This Man, #2) - Jodi Ellen Malpas I think I'm going for 2.5 stars. I really enjoyed the 50SOG trilogy and I think we can all attest that this is somewhat the same.However, I love Christian & I only LIKE Jesse. I think Jesse is too much. More messed up from a past that I don't think is worse than Christian's. And I hate, hate, double standards. I hate it. I HATE it.Also, I loved Anastasia. Could she use more of a backbone? Yes. But I still loved her and her naive ways. She was never in a serious relationship (I believe, it's been a while.) And she was a virgin. It's easy to believe how she wouldn't know how to conduct herself in a serious relationship, how to stand her ground, etc.But whats-her-face in this book? *Goes to look it up because YES, I forgot already* Ava has had plenty of relationships, has lived in the real world for a while, and wasn't a virgin. She's not fresh out of college. She shouldn't be so naive when it comes to relationships. I'm just so, so tired of hearing how Jesse roughshods over her and she knows it but oh, it's okay because he'll screw his opinion of sense into her and apparently, he does it well.UGH, I'm just so frustrated with reading this because I HATE double standards. I'll end it here before I rant.