mzalisakay

What The Smut

I read. Like, a lot.

If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)

If You Stay - Courtney Cole I liked the beginning. Towards the end, it got a little iffy.When Pax starts to have nightmares and wanted to get to the bottom of what the nightmares are centered around.. he finds out eventually. Here's my problem with that: I don't know why that situation was ever ....written that badly (as in the situation was BIG, not that the writer couldn't write properly) if it was just going to be swiped to the side and knocked into the background of this whole story. It focused on the relationship between the two characters instead. That's fine. I'm a romance reader anyways. No romance? Then I get bored. But this situation was such a big deal and the way it was written wasn't handled properly, IMO. It should've been a bigger part of the book, otherwise what was the point in mentioning it? Not something you can brush off and forget just to focus on other aspects of the book.But overall, I enjoyed it. The beginning relationship between the two main characters anyways. It just missed a lot of points.